BPD 3 | 2017 CeNTER – Community-led Territorial Innovation
Research Field: Communication Sciences and Technologies
- PhD in Digital Media, or in Communication Sciences and Technologies, or in Information and Communication in Digital Platforms, or Multimedia in Education, or in other related field within the areas of Digital Media, Culture and Society;
- author/co-author of, at least, 3 scientific publications in peer-reviewed international journals.
We are looking for:
- early-stage researcher with relevant skills and research experience in social contexts’ introduction and application of Digital Media, including experience in social networks’ analysis programs.
- English proficiency; team-work, communication, planning and organisation skills.
Job description: The grant aims to contribute to the development of research on regional territorial innovation, accordingly to the project’s work plan, namely by contributing to the formal and informal participatory dynamics and communication strategies in territorial innovation; the mediation role of digital media; prototyping and validation of a pilot mediation platform for territorial innovation
Regulation: The fellowship is in accordance with Law Nº. 40/2004, 18th August (Research Fellow Statute); and the Regulation of Scientific Research Grants from the University of Aveiro – Regulation n.º 341/2011, published in Diário da República, 2nd series, n.º 98, 20th May.
Place of Work and Supervision: The work will be carried out at Departamento de Comunicação e Arte, University of Aveiro, under the supervision of Prof. Fernando Manuel dos Santos Ramos and Dr. Luís Francisco Mendes Gabriel Pedro.
Duration: The grant will last for a period of 12 months, potentially renewed up until the end of this project. Expected starting date is the 1st of May 2017. Activity is to be carried under full time regime
Remuneration: 1495 Euros/month (tax free) in line with the Regulation of Scientific Research Grants from the University of Aveiro – Regulation n.º 341/2011, published in Diário da República, 2nd series, n.º 98, 20th May. This will be paid monthly by check, bank transfer, or another equivalent method.
Evaluation criteria and process: The evaluation will consist of two stages. The first will consist of a curricular evaluation. The first three (3) candidates with the best scores will have access to the second stage. This will be carried out through an individual interview (videoconference is accepted).
- Criteria for the curricular evaluation:
• Academic experience (30%);
• Scientific/Professional relevant experience for the job profile (40%);
• Publications (adequacy and quality) (20%)
• Specific and complementary knowledge and skills for the job description (10%).
- Criteria for the interviews with the 3 (three) accepted candidates:
• Knowledge and experience in the scientific/technical areas of the project (30%);
• Previous research knowledge and experience (30%);
• Motivation (20%);
• Oral and written proficiency and skills (20%);
The final evaluation will be conducted the following way:
• 50% curricular evaluation;
• 50% interview.
Evaluation panel: Filipe José Casal Teles Nunes (chair), Fernando Manuel dos Santos Ramos e Luís Francisco Mendes Gabriel Pedro
Deadline for application: Applications can be sent from 27/03/2017 to 07/04/2017
Application submission and documentation: Applications must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in the subject the project designation of this call.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, with a motivation letter (2 pages max.); the application form available for research grants (see link http://www.ua.pt/sgrhf/ReadObject.aspx?obj=5123), and the following documents: latest detailed Curriculum Vitae, a copy of the applicant’s IDcard/passport, simple copies of academic degrees certificates, and other relevant elements.
Results: Final results will be sent to each applicant through the email address indicated in the application process